Monday, December 20, 2010

The killer within me is the reason I chose to...

The killer within me is the reason I chose to pray everyday.  During the 22 years that I drank, I must shamefully admit, that I drove drunk over a thousand times.  Drunk driving kills!  I was guilty of attempted murder each and everytime I got behind the wheel of an automobile drunk.
In the early days of recovery prayer saved me from myself and from taking that first drink.  Today, I still pray each and everyday.  Often times from my knees.  Prayer comforts me.  It gives me correct thought, action, and proper word .  It takes away anger and relieves anxiety and fear.  It removes all of those painful feelings which eventually would lead me back to that first drink and the misery that soon would follow.

Pray early, pray often!!