Friday, March 18, 2011

THE BIG 50!!!!!

I turned "50" yesterday!  The big five-O!  When I was thirty-four I was certain I was living my last few weeks.  Fifty was not even on my radar.  Forty was not even in my thoughts.  Things like a wife, children, a car, a drivers license, a home, a bank account, pets, even a wallet were not something that a guy like me thought about.

You see, I had surrendered to alcohol, at the age of thirteen.  And at the age of thirty-four, I was about to wave the white flag, and call it a life.  Instead, something inside told me to surrender to God!  I gave Him my pain, confusion, rage and fear.  I tearfully asked for direction, strength and forgiveness.  In return, He gave me hope.  I still carry that hope with me today at the wonderful age of fifty.

God is great!  God is good!  God has allowed me to live a life that alcohol viciously attempted to end.