Friday, November 11, 2011

HAPPY VETERANS DAY!

Thank you to those who served!  Never, ever let alcohol get in the way of everything you fought so hard to preserve.   I unfortunately was unable to make a life for myself in the military.  I allowed alcohol to get in the way.  I gave alcohol complete authority over all of my affairs.  I drank until I dropped when I was in the Navy.  My drinking got so out of control that I was sent back stateside to a naval medical base in Philadelphia.  I was given a general discharge from the Navy after serving just fourteen months.  This is when I was only nineteen years old.  When I arrived unannounced at home and I was deeply saddened by the look of shame coming from my both of my parents faces.  Our relationship would never again be the same.
This unfortunately would just be the start of many disasters and setbacks caused by my unwillingness and inability to stop drinking.

A life dominated by drunkenness is a speeding automobile headed for a concrete wall.  Disaster and doom are certain.