Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Spiritual desire

Since I was a child I longed for something out of this world.  Meaning, knowledge, understanding, a connection.  When I stumbled upon my first drink at age thirteen I was certain I had found all of the above at the bottom of the bottle.  Twenty-one years later that constant exploration into that bottle nearly caused me to take my life.

Helpless, hopeless and clueless I relunctantly decided to give God a try.  What I found was so amazing, so peaceful, so secure, that the desire to drink was gone for good.  The spirit of God is love, grace, courage, knowledge and joy.  I am so grateful that I found God and invited him into my life.  Even today when I stray I find myself confused, angered and empty. 

God is all we need to overcome that which robs us of joy, hope, ability and love for one another.  Invite God into your life TODAY!!!